Friday 23 May 2014

0

Field Trip


I was at the dentist today sitting in the waiting room as I waited to be called up, minding my own business when I heard the two front desk ladies talking. I was listening to their conversation quitely for about 20minutes until I was called up. At first I was hesitant at recording their conversation because they switched there topics pretty quickly but I did catch on as the time went by.

Depending on the topic that they're talking about and how they feel about the topic, their emotions are expressed in their conversation. If people have any disagreements with what they are discussing, the tone of there voices changes and so does the volume.

I can apply this to my writing by using what I observed as a guild line to write my very own dialogue. Dialogue expresses some many personalities as each person continues to converse. You can tell how they feel about certain things when they express their opinions and the way that the tone of their voice changes.

When more than two people are involved in the conversation, the topic expands and the varieties of opinions sway. The conversation either gets complicated or someone ends up feeling left out.

The thing that surprised me the most was even if people didn't agree with what someone has to say they still pretend to agree with them even though their facial expression and tone of there voice says otherwise.

I think the differences between written and spoken conversations is that written conversations are much harder to interpret due to how you have to imagine how certain things they said are discussed. As opposed to spoken conversations, you can tell right away because of their facial expression and the tone of their voice. Though they do share one thing in common and that is, both need tone in able to express one's personality.

0 comments:

Angel Wing Heart TuneList - Make your site Live